Richard W. Sheffield, Partner
As chair of Fillmore Spencer’s Business, Finance & Real Estate practice, Richard W. Sheffield counsels clients on a broad range of business, real estate, estate planning, finance and transaction matters. He returned to Utah from Phoenix, Arizona, after 20 years of experience at one of the largest law firms in the West. He has extensive experience and know-how in general and specialized issues faced by new and established businesses.
A founding partner of the firm, Richard seeks to build confidence and trust with his clients and help them realize their objectives and purposes. He has served in various capacities in the community, including roles with the Boards of the Provo School District, the BYU Alumni Association, The Arizona Forum, the Timpanogos Legal Center, and the J. Reuben Clark Law Society.
Practicing corporate, business, real estate, estate planning and finance law
Richard enjoys helping clients grow their businesses and investments. Seeking always to “get good deals done,” he loves to:
- Structure worthwhile business relationships
- Facilitate and close critical financings
- Create estate plans that leave true legacies
- Resolve business issues and problems
- Draft understandable and effective contracts
- Map legal routes to accomplish clients’ goals
- Advocate the clients’ best interests